Waupaca County Highway Department
Welcome to the Waupaca County Highway Department website. We’re hoping to have this site be a resource of information to everyone. Our work crews are gearing up to do summer construction projects as timely and as SAFE as we can. It is up to our traveling Public to do the same. Please use this website resource as a tool to help inform yourself of department bid information, contact information, or any other highway related topic. Let’s have a safe 2019 spring/summer season!
Above is a picture of the progress being made on the new Highway Facility located on CTH A.
The Highway Department is responsible for many functions in the county including, but not limited to:
- The planning, designing, constructing, and maintaining of the county highway system.
- The maintaining of all state highways that travel through Waupaca County.
- The maintaining of many town road systems that hold maintenance agreements with us.
Click here to see our Mission Statement
The Waupaca County Highway Department reminds residents that it is illegal to place private signs such as rummage sale signs, advertising signs “for sale” signs or Realtor signs in the county right-of-way. Signs placed in the right-of-way will be removed by the Highway Department.
515 E Fulton Street
Waupaca WI 54981
Waupaca Office Hours
- April 22nd thru October: 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday thru Thursday
- November thru April: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
TRAFFIC REPORTS FOR ALL WISCONSIN STATE ROADS:
Call: 1-866-511-9472 or 511 from your cellphone
Be aware of Construction zones on CTH A from USH 10 to Galilee Road,
CTH I from USH 45 to Kluth Road and
CTH P from STH 49 to Shawano County line