- To prepare and maintain accurate ownership and description information for all parcels of real property in the county. That information may include the following:
- Parcel numbers
- The owner's name and an accurate legal description as shown on the latest records of the Office of the Register of Deeds
- The owner's mailing address
- The number of acres in the parcel if it contains more than one acre
- School district and special purpose district codes
- To provide information on parcels of real property in the county for the use of taxation district assessors, city, village, and town clerks and treasurers and county offices and any other persons requiring that information.
- To serve as the coordinator between the county and taxation districts in the county for assessment and taxation purposes.
- To provide computer services related to assessment and taxation for the assessors, clerks, and treasurers of the taxation districts in the county, including but not limited to data entry or the assessment roll, notice of assessments, summary reports, tax roll, and tax bills.
- Assist with ongoing GIS parcel data maintenance and annual parcel map production.