How to apply in Waupaca County
Child Care Subsidy Program Eligibility Guidelines
A parent must participate in one of the following activities to be eligible for child care subsidy:
- unsubsidized work
- attend high-school (if a teen parent under 20 years of age)
- participate in W-2 employment program
- participate in employment skills training and continue being in unsubsidized employment
- participate in Food Stamp Employment and Training work search or work experience programs
- as a W-2 applicant participate in up-front job search, training, or orientation activities.
Income Eligibility Requirement:
To be eligible, the family's gross monthly income must be equal to or less than 185% of Federal Poverty Level.
Once the family is eligible, the gross monthly income can increase up to 200% of Federal Poverty Level.
Type of Child Care:
If the parent is approved for child care financial assistance, the child must be enrolled in a regulated care setting:
- A licensed day care center
- A licensed family day care home
- A certified family day care home
- A child care program run by a public school.
The parent's share of the cost is determined on a sliding scale depending on the family income, family's size and number of children in subsidized care, and the type of child care service chosen.
- The co-payment can be as low as 5% of the family gross income
- The program is designed so that the family co-payment should not exceed 12% of the gross income, if the parent chooses a provider with prices within maximum reimbursement limits.
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
· Get information about programs and eligibility
· Ask questions about your case
· Report changes to your case
Fax verification of information and changes to 1-855-293-1822