You may qualify for BadgerCare Plus if:
You are a citizen of the United States or an "eligible" person, meet the financial eligibility requirements, and are in one of the following categories:
- A relative caretaker of a child.
- Under age 19
- Parents with children in foster care.
- Young adults leaving out-of-home care (such as foster care).
- Childless Adult
There are a few situations where a person may qualify for BadgerCare Plus. These include:
- Family Planning Services for men and women ages 15 and older
- Emergency Services
These categories have various qualification requirements. You may check with your local Economic Support agency to see if you qualify.
Screening tool to see if you might be able to get help through Wisconsin's health and nutrition programs.
There are four ways in which you can apply for Healthcare (BadgerCare):
- (Online) You can go to www.access.wi.gov and complete an online application.
- (Telephone) You can call the East Central consortium Call Center at 1-888-256-4563 and complete an application over the telephone.
- (Agency) You can go in person to your local agency. In Waupaca County, our office is at 811 Harding St., Waupaca, WI 54981.
- (Mail) We can mail you a paper application. You can return it by faxing it to the CDPU at 1-855-293-1822, drop it off or mail it to the local agency (address above).
Who to call with questions about coverage, HMO information and Premiums:
- HMO (Health Maintenance Organizations) Enrollment and Exemption Requests: 1-800-291-2002
- BadgerCare Coverage & Forward Health Card replacements: 1-800-362-3002
- BadgerCare premium collection unit: 1-888-907-4455
Fax number for verification of information:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
To apply for benefits, ask questions, or reports changes visit:
Health and Human Services:
Thiago Souza, Manager