Waupaca County Public Health: COVID-19
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Additional links for COVID-19 data:
- Wisconsin County Data
- Cases in the U.S.
- Wisconsin Hospital Association's Situational Awareness Update
- World Health Organiztion (WHO) Dashboard
Public Health Emergency and Mask Order
On July 30, 2020, Governor Evers issued Executive Order 82, declaring a public health emergency, and corresponding Emergency Order 1, regarding face coverings in certain situations for people over the age of 5. The mask order is effective Saturday, August 1, 2020.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
NOTE: Not everyone with COVID-19 has all of these symptoms. For many, symptoms are mild, with no fever. You can still spread the virus to others even if you have mild or no symptoms. There are people who may be at greater risk for severe symptoms.
How to protect yourself and othersNOTE: Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Contact your doctor and ask to be tested.
- Complete an online health screening assessment, and a licensed health practitioner will contact you.
- See if a community testing site is available near you.
In-person appointments are suspended until further notice.
Health and Human Services:
Jed Wohlt, Health Officer