Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
There are no in-person appointments or benefit issuance at this time!
WIC will not have in-person appointments!
Due to COVID-19, Waupaca County WIC Services will now take place
via Phone Calls.
*Please call the Main WIC Office (715-258-6391).
*Leave a message with your name & phone number.
We will call you for appointments & benefits issuance until further notice.
Our WIC Program offers:
- Screening for nutrition and health needs.
- Information on how to use WIC foods to improve health.
- Benefits to buy foods that help keep you and your children healthy and strong.
- Referrals to doctors, dentists, and programs like FoodShare, Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus, Wisconsin Works (W-2), and Head Start.
- Information on healthy eating during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Help with starting or continuing breastfeeding.
- Infant formula, if needed.
- Immunization referrals.
- Blood lead testing (recommended at ages 1 and 2 to ensure your child is safe from lead exposure).
To be eligible for WIC benefits in Wisconsin, a person must meet the following requirements:
- Be a pregnant, breastfeeding or new mother; be an infant up to age one; or be a child up to age 5; and
- be a resident of Wisconsin; and
- be income eligible; and
- have a health or nutrition need.
How to apply for WIC:
A pre-screening application can be completed over the phone. Please have the amount of your gross income available.
To complete the WIC enrollment, you will need to bring the following items to your appointment:
- Identification for you and/or your children
- Proof of income
- Proof of residency
- Proof of pregnancy (if applicable)
Health and Human Services:
Jed Wohlt, Health Officer