Waupaca County Parks
WAUPACA COUNTY TRAVEL ADVISORY - March 27, 2020
Pursuant to the obligations and powers set forth in the Wisconsin Statutes, including but not limited those in Wis. Stat. § 252.03(1) and Wis. Stat. § 252.06, the Waupaca County Public Health Officer has authority to set forth certain recommendations and directives to protect the health, welfare and safety of people and property in Waupaca County. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus in the United States and in Wisconsin, the Waupaca County Public Health Officer has issued the following Travel Advisory Notice:
1. Due to high community transmission in certain areas of the State, the Waupaca County Public Health Officer recommends that you stay in your permanent home and not travel to your seasonal or second home in Waupaca County. Due to the limited healthcare infrastructure, please do not visit us now.
2. People who have seasonal homes in Waupaca County are recommended to stay at your winter homes at this time. If you recently came from an area outside Waupaca County, you are encouraged to self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days in order to stop potential community-to-community spread.
3. People must continue to comply with other applicable restrictions, such as the Wisconsin Governor’s Executive Orders and your primary residential home state’s COVID-19 related executive orders.
4. Waupaca County has a large population of older adults and vulnerable populations. These populations are at the highest risk of COVID-19; it is our priority to keep people in Waupaca County healthy and safe.
5. Waupaca County has already taken steps to stop the spread of COVID-19, including the Waupaca County Board of Supervisors’ adoption of a COVID-19 Emergency Declaration. Please be aware that additional health and travel restrictions may be imposed in the future.
6. The COVID-19 pandemic is an ever-changing and a very serious health situation, and Waupaca County needs to be diligent in its response to establish restrictions that are particular to the needs of Waupaca County’s residents. For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 follow updates on the Waupaca County website for official information https://www.co.waupaca.wi.us/departments/health_and_human_services/covid-19.php. Or the State of Wisconsin at www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm
OFFICE CLOSED TO PUBLIC DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS
Effective March 19, the Parks Dept. Office will be closed to the public. If you need to purchase a boat launch sticker, they can be purchased through the envelopes at Gills Landing in Weyauwega and Shaws Landing in New London. They can also be purchased through the mail.
As a proactive and responsible measure to COVID-19, Waupaca County Parks Department is encouraging the community to practice the social distancing guidelines as recommended by the Waupaca County Health Department, Waupaca County Emergency Management Department, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We urge citizens to postpone in-person visits to the courthouse until further notice. For any business with the county, please phone ahead as many inquiries can be resolved via phone and e-mail.
Additionally, you may experience some delays in communication from our office as we work to ensure and adapt staffing to meet the functional needs of our office. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
This situation is dynamic and rapidly evolving. For the most up to date and reliable information regarding COVID-19 in Waupaca County, please visit https://www.co.waupaca.wi.us/departments/health_and_human_services/covid-19.php
Waupaca County Parks Dept.
811 Harding St
Waupaca WI 54981
SLOW NO WAKE ON WOLF RIVER
Slow No Wake will be in effect on the Wolf River beginning Wednesday, March 18 at 8:00 am.
SUMMER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Know someone who loves the outdoors and is looking for a summer job? We are currently recruiting for seasonal employment. Click on this link for more information.
THE PERFECT PARTY SPOT!!
The new Pavilion Building at the Waupaca County Fairgrounds is the perfect location for a party. Click on the drop-down arrow under the Fairgrounds link on the left for more information
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
None at this time
FISHING CLOSURE ON PIGEON LAKE & PIGEON RIVER
Pigeon Lake and portions of the Pigeon River, North Branch Pigeon River, and South Branch Pigeon River are
Closed Area: The entire lake and Pigeon River, including bays and channels, from the dam in Clintonville upstream to where the Pigeon River splits to form the North Branch Pigeon River and South Branch Pigeon River. The North Branch Pigeon River from its confluence with the Pigeon River upstream to Knitt Road. The South Branch Pigeon River from its confluence with the Pigeon River upstream to US Hwy 45.
Effective: September 21, 2018
Re-opens: During 2019 but no date set. Notice of re-opening will be posted.
Pursuant to Wisconsin Administrative Code:
Section NR 20.33(1)
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
2020 BOAT LAUNCH PASSES
The 2020 County boat launch passes are now for sale. They are $25 for in-county residents and $35 for out-of-county residents. Click here for more information.
2020 STATE TRAIL PASSES
Purchase your 2020 Wisconsin State Trail passes from our office. Cost is $25 each. (under 16 yrs. - no charge) $17.50 goes to support Waupaca County's work on the Tomorrow River State Trail! Click here for map.