- Between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM, call (715) 258-6300 & ask for a crisis worker
- After 4:00 PM, call (800) 719-4418
OWI Assessments for those convicted of Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated (OWI) will be conducted by the OWI Assessor. OWI Assessments must be completed in the county where you reside and not where the citation was issued.
A Driver's Safety Plan will be developed and will include either education or counseling, depending on the outcome of the assessment. There will be a charge by the provider of the services, which is not included in the assessment fee.
OWI Assessment Process:
- Walk-ins are accepted 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Thursday & Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday & Wednesday.
- Please have your arrest report with you when coming to schedule your appointment or we will not be able to schedule this.
- The total fee is $250. You may make a down payment of $100 with the remaining $150 paid in full prior to meeting with the OWI Assessor. Payment must be made with cash or money order made out to WCDHHS. We do not accept personal checks and we are not equipped to process debt or credit cards.
- It will take about 15 minutes to complete all the necessary paperwork.